Connect with us

U.S News

Donald Trump suggests he won’t take Mike Pence back as running mate

Published

on



(Washington) Donald Trump hinted that he would not choose his former vice-president Mike Pence as his running mate if he were to embark on the race for the White House again, during an interview with an American media aired Wednesday.

“I don’t think people could accept that,” the former president told the Washington Examineensuring that the two men have distanced themselves since Mike Pence refused to block the certification of the victory of Joe Biden in the presidential election of 2020.

It was this certification session that thousands of supporters of Donald Trump, convinced that the election had been stolen from him, had tried to interrupt by storming the seat of the American Congress on January 6, 2021.

“Mike and I had a great relationship, except for one very important event that happened at the end,” the Republican billionaire told the American daily. “I haven’t spoken to him in a very long time. »

Donald Trump is still hammering without evidence that this election was marred by fraud, a claim that millions of his supporters still believe, according to polls.

More than a year after his defeat in the 2020 election, the septuagenarian still reigns supreme over the Republican Party. He regularly hints at his desire to run for a second term in 2024.

But his former vice-president also seems to be an increasingly candidate. Mike Pence, a 62-year-old former radio host known for his very conservative positions, has taken care in recent weeks to denounce the positions of the former White House tenant on a myriad of issues, starting with the war. in Ukraine.



Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *