here is THE best French video game
The Pegasus ceremony revealed which French video games led the way in 2022 and the winner is…
This March 9 at La Cigale, French video game fans, as well as all the country’s professionals, gathered to celebrate the Pegasus once again. The awards ceremony celebrates its 4th edition and rewards again and again the best video games produced by French studios from one year to the next. After revealing the nominees, here are the winners in all categories.
In the list we will notice that stray And A Plague Tale: Requiem dominated this edition, although SIFU was also named many times. It’s the feline game that caused a stir this summer that wins the coveted titles of Best Indie Game AND Best Video Game. However, it is A Plague Tale Requiem who wins the most prizes.
Four distinctions in total including narrative excellence but also visual excellence. Particularly moving trophies for the developers, as Sébastien Renard, the screenwriter of the game, told us at the end of the ceremony: “As it is a narrative game, this is obviously the most important. He tells us that we have succeeded in reaching our goal“.
Pegasus 2023 also welcomes a brand new category this year which rewards the technology used during development… a category that Dinga Bakaba, the game director death loop, told us that they wanted to create last year. How all dreams can come true. That’s the game Dune Spice Wars which inaugurates this award. The French games have once again shone and punctuated our year, as this year’s full list of winners confirms.
- Best Video Game : Stray; BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna Interactive
- Best Independent Video : Stray; BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna Interactive
- Narrative Excellence : A Plague Tale: Requiem; Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment
- Best Game Design : Sifu; Sloclap
- Visual Excellence : A Plague Tale: Requiem; Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment
- Best Technological Innovation : Dune: Spice Wars; Shiro Games
- Best Sound Universe : A Plague Tale: Requiem; Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment
- Best Student Video Game : Alaskan; artfx
- Best Mobile Video Game : Tales Up; Studio Journey
- Beyond the Video Game : Flat Eye; Monkeymoon
- Best Operating Service :Solasta: Crown of the Magister; SAS Tactical Adventures
- Best First Video Game: Stray; BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna Interactive
- Audience Award : A Plague Tale: Requiem; Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment
- Best Foreign Video Game: Elden Ring; FromSoftwares / Bandai Namco Europe
- Best Foreign Mobile Video Game : Spiritfarer; Thunder Lotus Games / Playdigious
- Best Foreign Independent Video Game: Tunic; FINJI
- Better Accessibility: Steelrising; Spiders / Nacon
- Person of the Year : Nicolas Cannasse, President of Shirogames
- Honor Award : Olivier Derivière, composer and musician
Some exclusive announcements
Like the Game Awards, the Pegasus is not just about rewards and some announcements have been shared with spectators and viewers on Twitch. This is particularly the case for the next game Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaohwhich will be developed by Microids, or a new DLC for the acclaimed Solasta: Crown of the Magisterbaptized Palace of Ice.