- Mariupol, a strategic port in the south of the country, has lost its access to the Sea of Azov, Kyiv has admitted. The city has been surrounded and bombarded for weeks. On Friday, Russian forces claimed to have fought in the center of the city.
- Also in the south of the country, in Mykolaiv, new air raids took place on Saturday. The day before, an attack targeting a barracks of the Ukrainian army had killed dozens of soldiers, local governor Vitaliy Kim said on social networks.
- A report of the attack which took place Friday in Zaporijjia, in the south-east, reports nine dead and 17 wounded, announced the regional administration. Seven people were also killed and five others injured by Russian mortar fire in Makariv, about fifty kilometers west of the capital, according to the regional police.
- Fighting continued in Kharkiv, in the northeast of the country, where a man and a 9-year-old child were killed by shelling, local authorities said.
- China, which has so far never officially criticized the invasion of Ukraine, must join the West in “condemning Russian barbarism”, said Mykhaïlo Podoliak, adviser to the presidency and member of the Ukrainian delegation for the negotiations with Russia.
- Russia’s Defense Ministry said on Saturday it had used hypersonic missiles the day before to destroy an underground weapons warehouse in western Ukraine. The country “unfortunately has become a testing ground for the entire Russian missile arsenal,” said the Ukrainian air force spokesman.
Zelensky addresses the Swiss, blames Nestlé and the banks
Elderly people live in the Kyiv metro
With Agence France-Presse