- In Mariupol, a theater, which housed hundreds of civilians, was destroyed by the explosion of a bomb dropped by a Russian plane. A convoy of civilians was also targeted by rocket fire.
- Three people were killed and five were injured in a market fire caused by shelling in Kharkiv, northeastern Ukraine.
- United States President Joe Biden on Wednesday called Russian President Vladimir Putin a “war criminal” and authorized the sending of $800 million in additional military aid to Ukraine.
- Canada is now banning Belarusian planes from entering its airspace.
- Russian-Ukrainian talks continued on Wednesday with the proposal, rejected by Kyiv, of a neutral status for Ukraine on the Swedish or Austrian model.
- NATO will not deploy troops or air assets in Ukraine, but is preparing a substantial reinforcement of its military presence in the allied countries on its eastern flank, its secretary general announced on Wednesday.
With Agence France-Presse